Wednesday 9 July 2014

My Updated Everyday Make up Routine, Plus Hair tutorial.

This week I have picked up a few new bits but I also wanted to try out some of the wet n wild make up I talked about in last weeks haul. This look is a very natural look with a pop of pink in the eyes and the lips. This has become my everyday make up routine.

1.First I start off with my base, I like to use a moisturiser before I apply foundation just to hydrate my skin as it has been dry lately. I am using the Clean and Clear Morning energy moisturiser , I love this product it gives a natural glow to the skin before foundation. For my foundation I am using the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint in 110 Warm Ivory, I picked up this foundation last Thursday and I absolutely love it, It is extremely thin but not runny, It blends into the skin so easily and it dries to a semi-matte finish without even applying powder (although I still use it). I apply this foundation with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I added the picture because I wanted you all to see how natural it looks once applied.

10533535_10202394293724884_1701367387_n

IMG_1003

2. I like to let the foundation sit for a few mins so while that is sitting I fill in my eyebrows, I am using the Smashbox Brow Tech in Smashing Auburn , I comb them out first then fill them in using an angled brow brush. I then set them in my place with the Wet n Wild Mega Clear Brow and Lash Mascara (which is not so clear any more).

IMG_1142

3. Now onto Contour and highlighting , I love to cream contour I think it is so easy and very natural looking compared to powder contour. I am using the w7 Face Shaper Kit to contour and I am highlighting and concealing with the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer in Light. To contour I Like to apply a stroke of the cream bronzer using the brush which came with the w7 kit underneath my cheekbones and along my hairline and also down the sides of my nose, and to highlight I apply the concealer in a triangle shape under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose and also in the centre of my forehead. The key to this is blending, I blend everything with an angled foundation brush. I will put pictures below of before and after contour and highlighting.

IMG_1150

[caption id="attachment_697" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Before blending Before blending[/caption][caption id="attachment_698" align="aligncenter" width="225"]After Blending After Blending[/caption]

4. Next I set everything with a powder. I used the Wet n Wild Cover All Powder in Light. I really like this powder its not too orangey and doesn't cake up, it is also quite long lasting for the price. I use the Real Techniques Contour brush to set my under eye concealer I feel like it is the perfect shape to get right under my eyes, I then set the rest of my face just using a kabuki brush or a large powder brush it just depends what is closest to me.

IMG_1153

5. I apply some blush at this point before moving onto the eyes, I like to mix together two NYC blushes which are 649 Prospect Park Rose and 655 Central Park Pink These two mixed together are beautiful, I Like to apply just Central Park Pink on the apples of my cheeks to finish off. I apply these using the Multi Task Brush by Real Techniques.

[caption id="attachment_700" align="aligncenter" width="300"](L-R) 655 Central Park Pink , 649 Prospect Park Rose (L-R) 655 Central Park Pink , 649 Prospect Park Rose[/caption]

6. Now onto the eyes, This eye look is so simple and easy to create in just 4 steps. Step 1: I apply Crème brûlée by Wet n Wild all over my lid and brow bone Step 2: I blend Noisette/Nutty by Wet n Wild into my crease to create some definition and to break up the pink. Step 3: I apply Copper Pot from the new palette by w7 which is the In The Nude Palette into my crease using a small precise blending brush to give this eye look a pop of colour Step 4. I finished off by adding Brown eye liner to my lash line and I winged this out. I like to use Brown during the day because it is softer then black. The eye liner I used was 050 Brown Town Girl by Catrice.

[caption id="attachment_701" align="aligncenter" width="300"](L-R) Nutty/Noisette , Crème brûlée (L-R) Nutty/Noisette , Crème brûlée[/caption][caption id="attachment_702" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Copper Pot Copper Pot[/caption][caption id="attachment_703" align="aligncenter" width="300"](L-R) 1. Crème brûlée 2. Nutty, Noisette , 3.Copper Pot   4. Brown Town Girl. (L-R) 1. Crème brûlée
2. Nutty, Noisette , 3.Copper Pot
4. Brown Town Girl.[/caption]

7. To finish off I add some mascara , I recently picked up The colossal Go Extreme! Volum' by Maybelline and I really like this mascara it definitely gives volume but not too much length so I use They're Real by Benefit to give my lashes a bit of length.

IMG_1171

IMG_1034

7. For the final part of my make up I apply Think pink by Wet n wild to my lips and Spray my face with Fix+ by Mac to set everything in place.

10479338_10202394293684883_1350735668_n

IMG_1037

Now onto my hair. I used the BaByliss Volume Waves Hair wand which is just a large 38mm Barrel which helps create soft voluminous waves. This wand is only about €25.00 Which is very affordable for a curling Wand.

1. It is key to make sure the curls are falling away from the face to create this you must use the opposite hand to the side you are using , for example when curling the left side place the wand in your right hand pointing down and wrap the curl around the wand away from your face. Repeat the same step all over the head changing directions for the Right side. Below are some pictures of the first curl and the underneath of my hair curled.

IMG_1053

IMG_1055

once curled you can pin back your fringe/bangs if you wish , I have a middle parting so I just left it alone and didn't pin it back. And the look is complete, hair and make up, I will include a few pictures below of the finished product both hair and make up.

IMG_1057

IMG_1069

IMG_1064

I hope you all liked this tutorial , it is extremely easy and simple to create and beatufiul for everyday use, This hair is also really nice for a night out on the town but just make sure to finish with a good hairspray to keep these waves in place. I hope you enjoyed and as always thanks for reading :).

8 comments:

  1. this look is stunning and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) it's so easy and quick to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really lovely :) I love the eyes! I have the w7 In the Buff, which is more brown tones than In the Nude seems to be. How are you finding the palette? I saw this post and it's made me want to get the second palette haha! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) I love the second palette it is more on the pinky side more close to the naked 3 , I absaloutely love it it gives a twist to your everyday make up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like my in the buff palette but I've been disappointed with it's lasting power, it seems to crease quite a bit. Do you have that problem with the new palette? I'm probably going to get it either way though :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really I like to apply a bit of concealer to my eyes before just to increase staying power , have u tried that or a primer ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do but I'm not liking it, I'm in the market for a decent eye primer, I'm lusting after the Urban Decay potion! I must just be a makeup melty type person haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only use these shadows in the crease and I usually have a tradition colour so there is something to grab onto :) but the colours are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete