Saturday 25 January 2014

The basics: 5 steps for the perfect contour and highlight.

Contouring is a tricky technique to learn and often the mistake that can be made is not knowing where to contour. The thing to remember with contour is that everything on the outer edge of the face must be contoured and everything else must be highlighted.
These 5 steps are ones that I find the easiest to master. I hope they can help you too.

1. You can contour with a cream or powder product it is really a personal choice. For this tutorial I am using powder contour as it works best for me but if you wish to use a cream contour it is the same method. The product I am using is the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder. In my opinion, this is the best bronzer I have come across. This bronzer is affordable, easy to use and it has plenty of product (16.5g). I have had mine for 7months and it has not hit pan.


20140125-145145.jpg

2. First, I took a pointed tapered duo fibre brush to create a sharp line just under my cheek bone. A useful technique is to place a credit / gift card etc just under the cheek bone and create a line, this will make the contour sharper. I then take an angled brush such as the Mac 168 and blend the line towards my ear.



20140125-145336.jpg

3.Next is my forehead, jawline and nose (optional). When contouring the forehead I blend towards my hairline, this will create dimension and shape. Contouring the nose is optional, if you have a slender /thin nose it is probably best to skip this step. I take a smaller pointed brush to contour my nose like the Blank Canvas Cosmetics E10. I start from the top of my nose beside my eyebrow and blend downwards on the outer of the nose, make sure to blend out and not leave any obvious lines. Finally, I blended a light layer of bronzer around my jawline and blended it out.



20140125-145636.jpg

4. For my highlighter I used the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Medium. I used the Real Techniques Contour Brush. I am highlighting everything that I haven't contoured.



20140125-145802.jpg

5. I began by taking a small amount of product on the side of my brush, I then blended my highlighter in a "C" shape starting from the top of my cheek bone to the top of my eyebrow. I dusted my highlighter lightly in the middle of my forehead , nose, chin and Cupid's bow. Once completed you have the perfect contour in just 5 easy steps


20140125-150034.jpg

I just added some mascara and lipstick to complete this look.please comment below and let me know what you thought of this post.

You can follow my blog here - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11645119/thebelleofbeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment