Wednesday 22 January 2014

The basics : 5 steps to flawless foundation

Foundation can be one of the hardest things to get right, it can be difficult to find a method that works for you. Here are 5 easy steps that I follow when doing my foundation:
1. A good base is key. The base keeps your foundation on all day and makes application easier. For my primer I used L'Oreal Lumi Magique pure light primer. I apply by hand, as I find this method works best for me. I take 2 pumps and spread it evenly on my face and neck.

IMG_0805

2. Next is the foundation. It is extremely important that your foundation matches your skin type and colour. For example, if you have dry skin it is best to use liquid foundation as it hydrates and smooth's the skin out. The foundation I chose is Revlon Colour Stay in the shade Buff. A decent brush is essential when applying foundation as it does most of the work. I used Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 - flat buffer brush.

 

IMG_0806

 

3. I then put two coin sized pumps on the back of my hand and dip the brush in the foundation, making sure that only the bristles at the top of the brush are covered.

IMG_0807

 

4. Then I applied the foundation, starting in the middle of my face on either side of my nose and working my way up to my forehead using a stippling motion. Do not forget your neck, this will make any difference in colour visible, and wont look good.

IMG_0808

 

5. Once I finish this, I let my foundation settle for 2-3mins and spray 2 light spays of Mac Fix Plus onto my skin. This is an optional step, I find it keeps foundation on longer and makes it look dewy and flawless. Add a concealer and powder of your choice to finsh. Now the most important part of your make up is complete.

IMG_0829

 

I will be posting another blog at the weekend on contour and highlighting as a continuation of this post. Thank you for reading and please feel free to comment below. Let me know what you thought of this post. I will also try to add links to the products I used if possible.

Product Links:

1. L'Oreal Lumi Magique pure light primer - http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Lumi-Magique-Primer-20ml_1247613/

2. Revlon Colour Stay foundation - http://www.boots.ie/en/Revlon-ColorStay-Makeup-for-Normal-Dry-Skin_39474/

3. Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 Flat buffer brush - http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/f20-flat-buffer-brush-hd-face-collection-black-handle.html

4. Mac Fix Plus -h ttp://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/177/388/Fix/index.tmpl

5. Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-Wake-Me-Up-Concealer_1253837/

Follow my blog on blog lovin - Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment