Sunday 23 March 2014

Mini haul and review (all under 1.50 Euro)

I took a trip into Cara Pharmacy this week because I hadn't been in there in a while and I heard they had lots of new reductions on make up and beauty products.I picked up 5 of the Maybelline Colour sensational Popsticks and 2 products by the brand called PrettySmooth. Please let me know if you've have tried any of these products and also what you thought of them, also all of these products were under 1.50 Euro.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Popsticks
These "Popsticks" are very like a balm. They are not highly pigmented but if you are the type of person who doesn't like bright lipstciks then these are the ones for you. They are moisturising but not overly shiny or glossy. These were all 1 Euro each which is an amazing bargain. Here are some swatches of all the shades I picked up.

020 Tropical Pink
IMG_1987[1]

030 Pink Lollipop
IMG_1988[1]

040 Crystal Pink
IMG_1989[1]

060 Citrus Slice
IMG_1990[1]

070 Orange Crush
IMG_1991[1]

Pretty Smooth nose pore strips
These nose strips claim to remove blackheads and unclog pores. Before you use them you have to wash your nose area with warm water because the strip will not stick, then you have to place the strip on your nose and leave for 10 mins, once the 10 mins is up you peel the strip off I have only one problem with this product, it does not stick very well even on wet skin but regardless it did unclog all my pores and remove my blackheads so for 1.25 Euro I can't really complain. I would recommend these but the only advise I would give is to wet your nose a lot in order for these to stick.
IMG_2015[1]

Pretty Smooth Eyebrow shapers
These eyebrow shapers are basically clear wax strips for your eyebrows. I usually pay 10 Euro to get my eyebrows waxed so when I saw that these were 1.25 Euro I had to try them. I removed all make up from my eyebrows an face before using these and I then combed my eyebrows into shape. These are very good wax strips and they are extremely easy to work with but you will need to tweeze afterwards. I would highly recommend these they are 100% worth it even to try them out. Here is a picture of my eyebrow before and after use. (I have my full eyebrow routine done in both pictures)
IMG_1967[1]

I hope you liked this post and as always thank you for reading :).

2 comments:

  1. Great post - those lipsticks look so pretty, they kind of remind me of jelly?! If you have time please check out my blog, I've just started :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they are very much like jelly they are unusual in have nothing like them haha I will do :)

    ReplyDelete