Monday 31 March 2014

My favourite / most used make up brushes

Make up brushes are an essential to get the best results when doing your make up. Generally, people find make up brushes quite expensive but I promise if you invest in a few good quality expensive brushes you will not regret it. Make up brushes can last years if they are washed often and taken care of. The make up brushes included in this post are the ones I use everyday for my make up, I will include links below for all of the brushes in this post :).

Face Brushes.
Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20.
I have featured this brush in almost every one of my tutorial posts, I use this brush for my foundation, it is extremely dense which means your foundation will apply flawlessly if you use a light hand. The finish that I get from this brush is beautiful and flawless. It retails at €13.99 which is not the cheapest but it is completely worth it and I know I will have this brush for years.

brushes

Real Techniques Contour Brush.
I use this brush daily to set my concealer with powder, I know that this is not the intended use of this brush but I feel that this brush does a way better job than any other brush to set my concealer. This brush comes as part of the Core Collection by Real Techniques which comes with 3 other brushes (the buffing brush, the pointed foundation brush and the detailer brush) but this is the one I use most often, the tapered ends make up perfect for getting under the eyes. This brush cannot be bought individually unfortunately but the collection retails at about €13.00 which is brilliant for 4 brushes.

contourbrush

Real Techniques Multi Task Brush.
This brush is another one by real techniques the intended use of this brush is powder blush and bronzer. I use this for blush and it gives a beautiful flawless finish. I feel that it distributes the perfect amount of product onto my face every time. This brush comes as part of the Travel Essentials collection with 2 other brushes (the domed shadow brush and the essential foundation brush) but once again this is my favourite from the collection. unfortunately this brush cannot be bought separately but the collection retails at about €13.00 which again is brilliant for a set of brushes.

multi_task_brush

Mac 168 Large Angled Contour brush.
This brush is the must have brush for the perfect contoured face. The angled design of the brush makes it easier to get right into your cheekbones and blend out. This brush leaves me with the perfect contoured face. This brush retails at around €25.00 which is not the cheapest at all but you will not regret purchasing this brush, it will last you years I will have mine for 3 years this November.

brushes3

Eye Brushes.
Mac 239 Eye Shader Brush.
This brush is one of the two brushes you will need to create any make up look you can think of. this flat brush is perfect for patting eye shadow onto the lid, brow bone and inner corner. This brush retails at around €18.00 which again is not the cheapest at all but you will not regret purchasing this one either.

M87Y

Mac 217 Blending Brush.
This is the last of the expensive Mac brushes, This blending brush is the other brush you will need to create any look. This brush blends any eye shadow flawlessly into the crease and under they eyes ,It retails at around €17.00 but it is possibly one of the best brushes you will ever buy.

655017_fpx

Blank Canvas Cosmetics F10 Small Socket Blender.
This brush is perfect for getting a defined crease. The small design of the brush allows you to get right into the socket and blend out for a beautiful defined look. This brush retails at €6.99 which is a decent price when the quality of this brush is taken into account.

F10__86331.1382221173.1280.1280

These brushes are the ones I use daily, they are the key to any flawless make up look.Feel free to let me know if you have tried any of these brushes or want to try them. I hope you all enjoyed this post and as always thanks for reading :).

Product list
Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 - http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/f20-flat-buffer-brush-hd-face-collection-black-handle.html
Real techniques Core Collection - http://realtechniques.com/shop-collection/your-base-flawless/core-collection
Real techniques Travel Essentials -http://realtechniques.com/shop-collection/on-location/travel-essentials
Mac 168 Large Angled Contour brush -http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/324/168-Large-Angled-Contour-Brush/index.tmpl
Mac 239 Eye Shader Brush - http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/383/239-Eye-Shader-Brush/index.tmpl
Mac 217 Blending Brush - http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/380/217-Blending-Brush/index.tmpl
Blank Canvas Cosmetics F10 Small Socket Blender - http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/e10-small-socket-blender-new-synthetic-version.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I will be checking out the blank canvas brushes, this is the first time I have heard about them, they look great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes not many people know about them they are amazing brushes similar to sigma but cheaper :)

    ReplyDelete