Tuesday 9 September 2014

Small Revlon Haul.

I Recently picked up a few bits from Cara Pharmacy which are all Revlon Products, I know some of these products have been around for a long time and I am a tad late on the bang wagon for some of them, but hey its better late than never :).

1. Revlon Colour burst Lip Butter.
These Lip Butters have been around for quite some time now but I really wanted to try them back then and never got round to purchasing them , I then forgot about them for a while so now I am finally trying them out . I picked up 2 shades which are 045 Cotton candy and 080 Strawberry Shortcake. First of all what I really like about these is the packaging, They have a transparent case which is the colour of the lipstick, They also have a little clear plastic square at the top which allows you to see the shade of the lipstick.

DSCF5163

DSCF5170

DSCF5168

DSCF5179

DSCF5182

Cotton Candy is a light frosty pink which isn't very pigmented but I can tell by the consistency that it will be very moisturising and a nice natural flush of colour on the lips. I expected this shade to be a lot more of a candy pink mainly because of the name and the colour of the packaging but it doesn't come out the same way when swatched.

DSCF5193

Strawberry shortcake is a lot more pigmented than Cotton Candy, this shade would be a beautiful everyday pink shade. It also has a slight blue undertone which will make your teeth appear whiter. This shade is less shimmery than Cotton Candy.

DSCF5187

DSCF5188

2. Revlon Colour stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick.
Lipsticks are my weakness, I will never have enough no matter how hard I try. This year I am really excited about autumn/winter because it means darker lipstick and layering! I love dark purple and red lipsticks. This shade is 035 Backstage. It is a beautiful dark maroon shade, It has a glossy finish which makes this lipstick more wearable because it isn't as pigmented as a matte lipstick would be. This Lipstick was €3 which is amazing value for a Revlon lipstick.

DSCF5198

DSCF5200

DSCF5202

DSCF5206

3. Revlon 16Hr Eye shadow Quad.
I have tried Revlon eye shadows in the past and loved them so I picked up this quad in the shade 500 Addictive.This is a neutral based palette which has a light cream shade with specks of silver glitter in it, a light taupe shade with silver glitter in it, a medium toned brown which has a satin finish and a dark matte brown. This palette is the prefect palette if you are starting off with make up and you want a palette with a few shades for everyday wear, this palette is also perfect for travelling because it is small and compact. This palette was €4 which is very affordable.

DSCF5209

DSCF5211

DSCF5214

DSCF5215

DSCF5219

4. Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara.
This item was a re-purchase as I had it a few months back but I hadn't seen it for a while so when I saw it I picked it up, I love this mascara so much it gives my lashes volume and length and it doesn't go clumpy on the lashes. This mascara was €3.

DSCF5223DSCF5226

DSCF5228

And thats it for this weeks post. I may have some more surprise posts during the week so keep a look out for those and as always Thanks for reading :).

4 comments:

  1. Great post! really well written :) If you have the time I'd love it if you could check out my blog and give me some feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That backstage color is my religion in the colder months. I love that color and always get compliments on it- great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I wore it today and it's just the perfect autumn-winter colour 😊

    ReplyDelete