Wednesday 5 February 2014

My top 5 lipsticks

Lipstick is a must for every look day or night. I have tried and tested endless amounts of lipsticks. I have picked my top 5 all time favourite lipsticks, I tried to keep them as affordable as I could I hope it helps you out :)

1. Mac Crème D'nude
You have probably heard about this lipstick previously, it has been raved about for a long time now. This lipstick is a crèmesheen which means it is extremely hydrating and glides on the lips beautifully. I usually wear a pink lipstick underneath to give it a bit more colour but it is just as good alone. this lipstick retails at 19Euro not the cheapest but worth the price in my opinion.

IMG_1112

2. Essence 09 Wear berries!
This lipstick comes from a brand called essence, an extremely affordable brand. For me essence can be a hit and miss sometimes but this line of lipsticks were a complete hit. This shade is the perfect daytime berry shade, it can be used as a night time shade also but I advise using a lip liner underneath to intensify the colour and extend its lasting power. these lipsticks retail at 2.50Euro in Ireland which is a major steal for the quality.

IMG_1113

3. Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in "Tell Me a Berry Tale"
Catrice cosmetics are another very affordable brand I love all of their products and these lipsticks did not disappoint me. One of my favourite things about their products are the names, they are always quirky. "Tell Me a Berry Tale" is the perfect night time berry colour it can be used with a lip liner but is just as good on its own. I like to wear this lipstick with very little eye shadow as it is quite a dark intense colour. These lipsticks retail at just under 5Euro which is again a steal for the quality.

IMG_1114

4. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in 535 Passion Red
This lipstick is the perfect red shade, Anytime I want to wear a red lip I reach for this lipstick. In my opinion it lasts a long time, glides on my lips so easily and doesn't settle into fine lines. I always wear a lip liner under this lipstick because I usually wear this on a night out and want it to last all night. These lipsticks retail at 7.50Euro in Ireland.

IMG_1115

5. Catrice Velvet Lip Colour in Red Butler
This colour is my all time favourite from Catrice. It came from a limited edition collection called "Hollywood's Fabulous 40ties", I apologise if this is no longer available but I had to include it in this post. This is the perfect deep burgundy shade for night time. I advise using a lip liner with this lipstick just to ensure it stays on for a long time I use a lip liner called "The Roof Is On Fire" which also comes from catrice cosmetics. This lipstick retails at just under 5Euro in Ireland.

IMG_1116

Thanks for reading I hope it helped you out. Feel free to let me know if you have tired any of these lipsticks and what you think of them :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick is such a lovely colour I haven't tried it but it is something I will be looking out for next time! Thanks for the comment.

    http://thefabgabbers.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favourite red lipstick by far :) thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete