Monday 24 February 2014

Rita Ora at the Brits 2014

There is always amazing style at the Brits and this year did not disappoint, For me Rita Ora stood out from her canary yellow dress with emerald jewels to her stunning make up. Rita's make up artist chose to go with a subtle green and gold smokey eye I was really inspired by this and decided to try and re create it myself I think this look would be gorgeous if you are going out on St.Patricks day which is only around the corner. Here is my take on her look.

1. First I started with foundation powder and concealer. Rita's make up artist used the Mac pigments emerald green and old gold . When using pigments there can be a lot of fallout so i would advise starting off with the eyes and leave the foundation last. I am using normal eyeshadows and one pigment.



20140224-181639.jpg

2. I didn't use a primer on my eyes because I am starting off with a Maybelline colour tattoo in Eternal Gold . These are cream eyeshadows so there is no need for a primer. I took this colour on the real techniques domed shadow brush and placed it on the inner third of my eye.


20140224-181945.jpg

3. I then took a pigment from 17 in Good as Gold. These pigments are really inexpensive and extremely easy to work with. I placed this over the cream eyeshadow I just used to set it in place I sprayed my brush with Mac fix + to intensify the colour of the pigment.


20140224-182356.jpg

4. I then took a beautiful emerald green colour called Lucky Charms from the Too Faced Insurance Policy Palette. I sprayed my brush with some fix+ again and placed this colour on the remaining two thirds of my eye.



20140224-182826.jpg

5. For that deep smokey effect Rita has I am using a deep green shade with little bits of gold shimmer from a palette by Miss Cop I purchased this palette in TK Maxx last Christmas. I take this colour on a small fluffy brush and blend it into my outer V, I really want this colour to stand out so once I blended this into my outer V I took a clean fluffy brush and blended everything together.


20140224-183315.jpg

6. For my eyeliner I mixed black and the deep green I just used and added this to my waterline and tight line I blended this underneath my bottom lashes also to intensify the smokey ness of this look. Rita's make up artist did not use any eyeliner on her lid so I didn't use any either. Lastly I highlighted my brow bone using Venus from the Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay and added Benefit They're Real.


20140224-183741.jpg

7. Rita's make up artist did not use any blusher she just went for a natural highlighted look so I used the shimmer brick by 17 on my cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin. I also contoured a little bit for some definition.


20140224-184012.jpg

8. For the lips Rita's make up artist went for a nude matte lip she used the Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 1. In this look I used Myth by Mac and I created a matte look by setting it with Select Sheer Pressed Powder by Mac in NW15. I then softened up the edges by using a nude lip liner. Of course this step is optional.




20140224-184656.jpg

9. I sprayed some Mac Fix+ on my face and the look is complete . I really like how this look came out it is not identical to Rita's but it's my take on the look. I think this look would be something different to wear for St.Patricks day.


20140224-185154.jpg

As always thanks for reading and I hope you liked this look :)


20140224-185526.jpg

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I think you nailed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] inspired look, its been a while since my last once which was Rita Ora at the Brit’s 2014 (http://thebelleofbeauty.wordpress.com/2014/02/24/rita-ora-at-the-brits-2014/). I decided to do a look on Adele, the picture I am taking my inspiration from is her Vogue cover […]

    ReplyDelete