Tuesday 11 February 2014

Valentines day make up

With valentines day just around the corner I thought I would do a valentines themed make up look. The lip colour I have chosen is quite vibrant and of course is optional :)

1. I start off by applying L'Oreal lumi magique primer , I then take a flat top foundation brush and apply Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in the shade Buff. I apply some Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer and set everything with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.



20140211-193355.jpg

2. Next I apply my lipstick, I like to apply this before doing my eyes when I am using a vibrant or dark colour because it allows me to see how much I need on my eyes. I also like to use a lip liner because I want this colour to last a good amount of time. I am using Catrice Lip Liner in "The Roof Is On Fire" I then apply Essence Lipstick in "Dare To Wear" on top of this. A trick I use when I apply lipstick is to take one sheet of toilet paper (2-ply) and split it into 2 separate sheets (1-ply) place one of the two sheets over your lips , take a powder of your choice and a brush and dust the powder over the paper on top of your lips then remove it, and apply one more coat of lipstick. This helps to keep the lipstick on for even longer.



20140211-194130.jpg

3. Now on to the eyes, I wanted to keep my eyes very minimal because of the vibrant lip. I primed my eyes first because I want my eyeshadow to last all night. I take a flat top brush like Mac 239 and apply Venus from the Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay all over my lid.


20140211-194454.jpg

4. I then take a fluffy eyeshadow brush like Mac 217 and blend the shade Tease from the Naked 2 palette into my crease to create definition, I then take Mac Matte eyeshadow in Espresso and blend on top of Tease, Next I take Stilla Matte eyeshadow In Nanda Devi and add this to the Outer third of my eye and blend everything together.


20140211-194857.jpg

5. I filled in my eyebrows with the darkest shade from the MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit. I then created a "winged" eyeliner look using Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama 24hr Gel Eyeliner and Mac 210 eyeliner brush.


20140211-195300.jpg

6. I contoured and highlighted using Mac Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze and Catrice Prime And Fine Highlighting Powder in 010 Fairy Dust. If you are unsure how to contour and highlight I posted a tutorial 2 weeks ago with step by step instructions.


20140211-195544.jpg

7. Lastly I added some Benefit They're Real Mascara and sprayed some Mac Fix + on my face to set everything.


20140211-195747.jpg

I hope you liked this post, let me know if you tried this look out for valentines day :) And as always thanks for reading :)

20140211-200221.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment